Free events are always an attraction. When it is organized by IBM and offers free breakfast, lunch and drinks afterwards, it just makes it even more irresistible. The only tough part was the early registration for the event. I had to wake up early in the morning and drive my way up to IBM Bedfont.
The office is set in a serene place. I had ample amount of food, especially the cakes. After all I was hungry after the struggle with the traffic on my way. Nice start to the day. I went in to attend a few of the sessions on MQ Series, SIB, ESB and Websphere Message Broker, they were very informative. The people who were giving the presentations were highly experienced and had huge amount of expertise in their respective fields.
During the breaks between the sessions, I went to the expo, where stalls from various IBM business partners had been put up. Each of them were promoting their product and trying to attract customers towards them. Alphacourt, Open Logic, Morpheus, Verhouf, MidVision, Macro4, Smart421 were some of the companies who were present there. It was a good move during this gloom economic times. They were also giving away several freebies to attract people to visit their stalls. I went to few of those stalls and collected some of the goodies.
Most of them were giving away pens and mouse pads and coffee mugs, the one that stood out was Alphacourt, who gave away pen drives with their presentation in them, which was pretty innovative and smart.
I also met a lot of people from my previous job. It was nice to catch up with them. Afterall this is what such gatherings are for. After all the presentations people went for the drinks, but I left for home. After all one should never drink and drive, anad anyway I was more keen not to get stuck in traffic again. Overall a great dayout.
No comments:
Post a Comment