Things are getting brighter for all the cricket lovers. The new season is just round the corner, and the practice sessions are already underway for most of the local cricket clubs. At least my local club has already started the winter nets at the Oval Cricket Ground.
But the bad news for me is that I am not advised to play any 'contact sports' for 6 weeks. In case you are wondering why... its due to the recent eye surgery that I went through. The wait for me is getting agonizingly painful by the day. Still have 3 weeks to go. Wish me luck to get through these days as casually as possible.
Well let me describe how restless I am and the reason behind it. I am from the Indian subcontinent, so cricket runs in my veins. I have been following this sport when I was about 7 years old, when I did not even understand the technicalities of the game. This winter I had the opportunity to go back to India for my holidays. On my way back I got myself the entire cricket kit for me. Its was quite a pain to package them properly and carry them to the check in counter, but I guess I was more willing to take this pain compared to paying a ridiculously high price for a good bat.
I had got the bat, a high end SG bat, now I needed a mallet to get it knocked in. I managed to get it from my club. Now came the hard part. After I came back from work, I would religiously dedicate 40 mins everyday to knock the bat. This became my routine for over 2 weeks. The bat has been in the closet ever since.
Its almost time to put the new bat to test. I have already rubbed a few of my club bolwers the wrong way, and they are all keen to have a go at me in the nets. Its not going to be long now boys... I will be at the Oval nets on Feb 16th. So get ready to be driven straight past ....
No comments:
Post a Comment