The weather was encouraging. It was a bright sunny day, after so many days of rain and gloom. So we decided to have a day out. I did not have to think much as to where we should be going. This had been on my mind for a while, so we got ready and fed our Tom Tom the postcode.
I made sure we carried enough food and drink to last the entire day. This was the first time that we were going there. The drive was not that bad, we did not face much traffic. It took us about 45 mins from Wimbledon to reach there. The only thing I do not like about these places is the parking fare that I have to fork out. The view of the lake was fantastic. The sun was out as well making the place even more inviting.
The entire walk around the lake was slightly less than 5 miles. We started our walk at a leisurely pace. It felt good to be so close to nature, I could literally smell the water. There was a small waterfall that was created. The sound of the water hitting the stones is always fascinating. There was no holding back to the clicks that followed.
There were not many guide maps to help us, but we did not care about it much. Just kept walking. It was a lovely walk. We took a few breaks in between to catch our breath. The trip was really worth going.
Finally after about 2 and 1/2 hours we finished the entire track. We were exhausted at the end. One thing that I was sure of, was that I was very hungry. the Mrs told me that she would make me some stuffed parantha when we get home. So there was no delay in jumping back on the car and driving home. We took the A3 onto M25 and then onto Garrat Lane. It was all clear. Took us about 30 mins to get back home.
The day trip was a real success. Would definitely recommend that you plan a trip there. Got to go now, the paranthas are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment